Thursday, April 10, 2008

Awake

Last night we received a call at 4 a.m. I had gone to bed just before 1:00 and just wanted the noise of the phone to stop. I told my husband, "prank call," but fortunately he ignored me--we have older relatives in very fragile health and get jumpy when certain people call--and picked up the phone. And then I went upstairs to get my children, then picked up the phone and made a call too. All is well, but I paid for going upstairs and couldn't sleep after from pain. I was not lucid today and it was difficult to work. I guess I'm getting old--I need more than 3 hours of sleep and even the occasional night like this doesn't sit well. At 7 I kept trying to get up but flopping back down. I took a 4-hour nap this evening, and am now ready to work or write not for a few hours but for a long time, which will leave me sleepy tomorrow.

No comments: