Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Better Results

Stomach virus or something--that's not the better part. Fortunately got through the MRI with that okay. And the needed transverse images absolutely look much clearer. And you know what? I'm not crazy. There is central cord compression, and both my husband and I can see it.

I sat outside the small hospital for about 5 minutes trying to figure out whether or not to take the scooter in, how far distances were. I didn't, and it was fine.

This hospital is set into an Edward Scissorhands-like new small town, everything brand new, from schools to banks to major employers to major shopping centers. It was beautiful but disconcerting. Everyone has a Lexus or a Hummer or a sports car. Even if I had the means, I really doubt I would spend it in such a frivolous way. The gigantic minivan is only because of my accessibility needs. I would much rather drive a smaller, inexpensive vehicle. My sister-in-law lives there, and I asked what there was to do. She still drives downtown. There's nothing cultural in Edward Scissorhands land--it's all about shopping, money, acquisition. No nature, and far from culture.

Edward Scissorhands--now there's a disability film.

No comments: