Saturday, May 31, 2008

When It Rains, No Pain Medicine

Stomach virus with headache or godawful migraine, can't tell which. Everything impedes intelligent activity. Got home from PT yesterday at 5 very tired and in pain (they had me doing a lot more), went to sleep at 7 and slept for 14 hours, then got sick fast while husband was doing yardwork. Tell me how the same kid who can help me take my blood pressure and find the thermometer, turn down the air conditioning, cover me with a blanket and bring an additional pillow, look for a Coke to try to settle my stomach, warm up leftovers for lunch for herself and make a sandwich with chips for her brother, then want to sit with me to keep me company, cannot stop fighting with her brother over the Wii or television when the noise makes her parent hurl.

Being sick at stomach not so good with neck brace, nor does having a bad headache work very well when pain medicine won't stay down. Friend brought over chicken stew tonight, perfect for protein later.

I hate being so thirsty yet being too sick to drink anything. Liquids!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

I'm sorry to hear you are so sick and hope it passes soon. 14 hours and waking to being sick. I hate the way time, whole days are stolen away, do you?

FridaWrites said...

I'm feeling better today, but felt migrainey aura when waking. I'm wondering if I'm having massive rebound headache from being on pain medicine so much. I do indeed feel like I'm losing time! It slips through my fingers.