Friday, October 17, 2008

So much for intuition

The chiropractor/acupuncturist had said he guaranteed my illness is not autoimmune or spondylitis related. So much for that. My ANA is higher than it should be but not too bad and needs to be monitored, I have anti-thyroid antibodies, and have elevated sed rate and liver enzymes. None of these really concerning, but some level of autoimmune issues, I think so. Let's hope it settles down.

I've opted to go with the new rheumatologist.

So long as chiropractor or someone can get my thoracic vertebrae mobile again, I'm happy. Multiple modalities, yessirree.

UPDATE: What the hell is happening to my body? I don't know what to expect from it or what to do for it. I want to get better. I really do. I don't need more illnesses or symptoms.
UPDATE TO UPDATE: That's way too dramatic for minor results that aren't even needing treatment. If I get hypothyroid, for example? Pills. I just crave some stasis.
IRONY: I try to google for more information and come up with: my blog.

6 comments:

Elizabeth McClung said...

That is the irony, you ARE the authority of all illnesses, including yours? Please Dr. Fridawrites, what do I do?

Sorry, it isn't funny, but it sort of is in a horrid way.

FridaWrites said...

I knew I should have gone to med school!

If I find out what to do, I will definitely let ou know, Elizabeth, dear one!

nosnoopy said...

Wow that IS ironic. Can you ask yourself in a slightly different voice, or try automatic writing?

FridaWrites said...

Great idea. Maybe I should try writing with my nondominant hand or set the tape recorder up and try to catch some EVPs.

HEY, there's a new ghost tour near here, incentive incentive under your nose like a carrot that you will want to bite. Doubt it's accessible, though given the historic protections on buildings. Grrr.

They mailed me pamphlets on hypothyroidism and lupus. The hypothyroid one was labeled "for information only." I'm trying not to read too much into it and think surely it applies to the other one. Nevertheless it's what happened with the spondy--they started giving me pamphlets to introduce me to the idea, that maybe it's that. Then the next couple of times I go in, they tighten the screw more. I think that happens with non-urgent diagnoses. I can see the lesson: how to prepare your patient for a new diagnosis in three easy lessons.

Donimo said...

Ah jeeze, I've written and erased two different starts to this. Let's face it, I'm a bit of a fog head right now and can't really write coherently about stasis and wanting answers and trying not to jump to conclusions. I just wanted to drop by, check in and wish you well and wish you clarity and a bit of ease.

I am going back to my chocolate pudding now. :)

FridaWrites said...

I think somewhere between stasis and wanting answers and not jumping to conclusions is where I want to be, so it doesn't have to be all written out. Thank you, I am doing fine, just low on physical energy.