Saturday, February 7, 2009

Announcing...

There is a special hell for parents called "sleepover" that involves depriving said parents of needed sleep, waking them up six hours later with percussion instruments and video games, and running around hyped up on sugar, while staying just at the cusp of what's termed an "indoor voice." The dog is happy. One of the mice won't come out.

UPDATE: Now the girls are torturing me with Guitar Hero World Tour renditions of "Eye of the Tiger" (ref. PE teacher Carol's favorite song, a symbol of her attempt to apply evolutionary principles to the elementary school classroom). I'm a quiet person. My nerves are feeling frazzled. The boys have found how good my husband's speakers sound for starwars.com.

3 comments:

Donimo said...

My nephew and all his very earnest buddies played Guitar Hero's "Eye of the Tiger" over and over and over. Hearing boys in grade 8 whose vices are changing singing an awful song over and over is also a special kind of hell. It was kind of cute at first...

My sister was knee deep in chemotherapy and agreed to allow my nephew to have a sleepover for his birthday. I wonder if I would be that strong... or that crazy... if I were in her position. So, I feel for you and also think you're mighty kind. And crazy.

Donimo said...

I just wrote a long comment and I think Blogger lost it. If it did, there is a special hell created when comments are lost and one is tired.

FridaWrites said...

You're in luck--they both got saved. I've lost many comments at Elizabeth's blog for some reason.

I hope your sister is doing okay--sometimes the distraction is good I think, though with kids it can be mighty distracting.