Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Cut It Off to Buy a Chain for Your Watch

Anyone who's read the O'Henry Christmas story in which a wife cuts and sells her hair for a wig to buy her husband a watch chain and the husband sells his watch to buy his wife a clip for her hair can appreciate that my husband gave me a handcrafted glass hair clip on the day I cut my hair short (ordered before this started).

It does look better--it looks full since my hair springs back into curls when some is cut off. It's not as short as I feared--it touches my shoulders and was longer than I had realized, long. The stylist says it's anesthesia that makes it fall out.

Disability can create such self esteem issues. Whew.

My husband also gave me a nice Levenger pen--a midweight black. I'm one of those people who've never had a good pen. I like gifts like this, that I'll use all the time (and the clip, when my hair's longer in the summer).

No comments: