Monday, March 2, 2009

Service dog application

I just turned in a service dog application.

Husband's job is more likely to vanish and would need help at home long-term (he currently works at home but probably couldn't in a new job) or in a part-time job myself, whether now or later. We can't see me physically being able to work out of the house full-time. His group's project has been cancelled and he has no work tasks, though he's not been laid off yet, even while big management just cited the essential nature of his group's work today. As bad as this sounds, he's also had work projects cancelled before. There will be layoffs. Supposedly his area is essential. We'll know in another four or five weeks. {stress}

Wanted: friendly, intelligent doggy, willing to exchange minor tasks for room and board and a permanent family.

2 comments:

Lisa Moon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that horrible stress with your husband's job situation. The waiting must be terrible, indeed.

Congratulations on making the decision to apply. I know it came with much thought and considerations.

Despite what happens with your husband's work, it sounds like a service dog would open up so much for you, and free up much-needed energy in your day.

Wishing you the best outcome on this.

FridaWrites said...

The waiting is indeed difficult--if we knew, there are several things I/we could do right now. We just feel perched in the meantime.

I think so too, with a service dog--the process is so long that I should apply now. I'd hate to be in a more difficult position 3 years from now and wish I had and just now be beginning that process.