Friday, July 24, 2009

A Little Humor

My father-in-law's comment last night when dropping off the kids:
"I don't know about this hospital--you looked a lot better when I dropped you off."

Not much pain today at all--just on regular pain medicine. Really can't complain. :)

And take that, Peter Singer. I feel back to myself--after having surgery. Having needed medical care increases quality of life. He fails to acknowledge the surveys that show people with disabilities rate their life quality far higher than others guess they would rate it.

4 comments:

Donimo said...

Humour helps. My dad is in hospital right now and he told the food services people that they had brought his dinner up too early - it wasn't ready - because clearly it wasn't cold enough yet.

FridaWrites said...

That is funny!

Lisa Moon said...

Regarding that people with disabilities rate their life quality higher than people might expect...I can only speak as one who as come to disability in their 30s, but if there is one thing I have gained it is an appreciation for simply living and finding happiness.

Rude words to this Peter Singer person. Coward.

FridaWrites said...

Definitely! All the "small stuff" just doesn't matter so much.