Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Food pantry tomorrow

We have an appointment with the Catholic food pantry tomorrow to tide us over and the food stamps people will call tomorrow, a phone appointment (permitted with disability). Friday we can call the other food pantry for an appointment for more substantial stocking up. Apparently this is the Big Mama Food Pantry for the area and all other food pantries center around it and its work. You go there every 90 days, but I don't know if you can use the others more frequently if needed.

"I'm feeling much better now," as HAL once said. Somewhat. A rapidly emptying pantry and being out of most food groups makes me anxious. Chief mama job: keep babies fed and happy.

We are juggling too many medical appointments this week, one of them lengthy--three of them around doing this, plus a bunch of other matters to take care of.

I'm remembering The Little Engine That Could--"I think I can, I think I can," and am hoping that things come together. This is hard and scary!

If you have a chance, let your representative and senator know that they should pass the COBRA subsidy extension--otherwise millions are going to have to drop insurance and risk losing coverage, especially coverage for pre-existing conditions. In the health care reform bill, pre-existing conditions will not be covered until 2013.

2 comments:

Wheelchair Dancer said...

You can. You can. You can.

But I am sorry that you have to.

With love.

WCD

FridaWrites said...

Thank you. With love back. :)